Town Council meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at 7.30pm. They are advertised on the Town Council notice board and website. Members of the public are welcome to attend. You may speak at a meeting, provided you make a request via the Town Clerk’s office at least three working days in advance of the meeting, i.e. by Thursday mornings for normal meetings.
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS
The Planning Committee meets every month on Tuesdays at 7.30pm in the Council Chamber. They are advertised on the Town Council notice board and website and members of the public are welcome to attend. Apart from individual planning applications, the Planning Committee is responsible for consideration of and comment upon the Colne Estuary Study, the Essex Structure Plan, the Essex County Council Minerals Subject Plan and the Borough Consultation documents, such as the Local Development Framework.
|WIVENHOE COUNCIL STAFF |
Kevin Harkin - Office Manager
Maurice Howard - R.F.O.
Mandy Smart - Reception/Admin
Estates Open Spaces Manager
Estates Properties Manager
William Loveless Hall Caretaker
Emma Buckley - Reception/Admin
The Council Offices are located on the first floor at 77 High Street
, Wivenhoe, CO7 9AB
and are open to the public from 9.00am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday
Telephone: 01206 822864
. Fax: 01206 827298
At our offices you can:
- pick up a free roll of clear plastic recycling sacks.
- pick up free white garden sacks (with a voucher from Colchester Borough Council). Click here to receive your garden bag vouchers which you need to bring with you.
- pick up a free green recycling box for tins and glass.
- buy a roll of 26 food caddy liners (£1.00 per roll).
- pick up a free food caddy box, large or small.
- buy a pack of 50 doggy 'poop' bags (£1.00 per roll).
- book the William Loveless Hall
- book the 'communty' bus (13 seater minibus)
- research cemetery records.
- borrow the cat basket.
- planning applications (now online with Colchester Borough Council click here).
- pay your allotment bill.
- obtain a dinghy parking space.
- obtain a canoe rack space.
- general information on Wivenhoe.